Spotrac's projected QB extensions based on calculated market value; What is Dak's?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You seem to be missing a key component.
Rather than attempt to explain it to you, I'll do this instead.

Dak had 403 yards passing in his last game.
He had great stats! Oh, by the way, he lost that game and was a big reason why the team was down 27-0 just before halftime and 48-16 after 3 quarters.

Stats don't mean much when they don't come with a win.
The biggest reason we lost that game was our defense. We were down 7-0 before our offense ever saw the ball. We couldn’t keep the Packers out of the endzone the entire game. They could have scored 60 if they wanted to. Stats equal production and points and we scored 32. Dak set a Cowboys playoff record with 403 yards and 41 completions. He never gave up unlike our defense. His numbers and wins dwarf Trevor Lawrence who only has 58 career TD passes in 3 seasons. Dak has 73 TD passes the last two seasons. Lawrence career passer rating is 85.0 while Dak’s is 99.0.

That’s the 5th highest in NFL history. Justin Herbert puts up numbers on some average Chargers teams that don’t lead to wins but he got paid because he’s productive. Stafford put up numbers on some bad Lions teams and had a losing QB record but the Rams gave up two first round picks for him because he’s productive. Lawrence should be putting up better numbers, especially after three seasons. He doesn’t throw many TDs but he throws a lot of picks. If he played for the Cowboys this fan base would be calling him a bust….Fact!

Last edited:

Chasing6

Reaction score

Chasing6

Reaction score
I've been over it. I was over it the moment he threw it.
Tell your buddy AC to get over it. He still thinks it wasn't
Dak's fault.
If you're gonna chime in, at least follow the back and forth.
It was a terrible play design. There are always multiple factors that can impact an int. The QB of course gets the credit.

RoboQB

Reaction score
It was a terrible play design. There are always multiple factors that can impact an int. The QB of course gets the credit.
Nobody made him throw the ball.
Read that again.
He threw it to his first read... and was late!
You people are crazy!...lol/smh.
"Terrible play design...multiple factors"
Hell, I could've intercepted that pass. Probably wouldn't have scored though.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Read that again.
He threw it to his first read... and was late!
You people are crazy!...lol/smh.
"Terrible play design...multiple factors"
Hell, I could've intercepted that pass. Probably wouldn't have scored though.
No. We know you can't catch.

RoboQB

Reaction score
The biggest reason we lost that game was our defense. We were down 7-0 before our offense ever saw the ball. We couldn’t keep the Packers out of the endzone the entire game. They could have scored 60 if they wanted to. Stats equal production and points and we scored 32. Dak set a Cowboys playoff record with 403 yards and 41 completions. He never gave up unlike our defense. His numbers and wins dwarf Trevor Lawrence who only has 58 career TD passes in 3 seasons. Dak has 73 TD passes the last two seasons. Lawrence career passer rating is 85.0 while Dak’s is 99.0.

That’s the 5th highest in NFL history. Justin Herbert puts up numbers on some average Chargers teams that don’t lead to wins but he got paid because he’s productive. Stafford put up numbers on some bad Lions teams and had a losing QB record but the Rams gave up two first round picks for him because he’s productive. Lawrence should be putting up better numbers, especially after three seasons. He doesn’t throw many TDs but he throws a lot of picks. If he played for the Cowboys this fan base would be calling him a bust….Fact!
I'm thinking the biggest reason Dallas lost that game was because the team needed a leader to step up and get them out of a hole. Instead, he threw a pick 6.

It's funny, SF was down by 17 at home against Detroit
at halftime. They erased that by the end of the 3rd quarter. Nobody talks about it though. Go back and watch how the QB led them to victory.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm thinking the biggest reason Dallas lost that game was because the team needed a leader to step up and get them out of a hole. Instead, he threw a pick 6.

at halftime. They erased that by the end of the 3rd quarter. Nobody talks about it though. Go back and watch how the QB led them to victory.
Hard to get out of a hole when your defense can’t make a stop or get a turnover. That’s the second home playoff game in a row where our defense didn’t sack the opposing QB once. The worst defensive games we play during the regular season show up in the playoffs. You can’t put a playoff game entirely on the shoulders of your QB for 4 quarters and expect to win. The reason SF came back from a 17 point deficit was because their great defense stepped up.

Bosa was playing out of his mind. He had 2 sacks and 4 QB hits which is more than Parsons has done in 4 freaking playoff games. He’s our best defensive player and he never shows up in the playoffs. Purdy was having his struggles but his defense responded! SF’s defense is MUCH better than ours. Our defense was GARBAGE against the Packers. It was embarrassing! The only players that didn’t quit in that game was Dak and Ferguson.

Chasing6

Reaction score

So the QB stopped Detroit from scoring? How did he do that? Please explain.

I also recall a dumb coach making another dumb decision or two, like he did when he played us.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I agree. I was saying that the union has to regulate pay. In most cases it is the union who negotiates pay and it usually involves a chart where one is paid based on years of service, step based on job description, and other details like continuing professional development. They have done it for rookies. The union is there to protect everyone, even the practice squad players, so by allowing one player to soak up so much money there is less for the rank and file players.
This is up to the discretion of the GM.

So 2020 the salary cap was just under $200M. How did KC sign Mahomes to a $45M 10 year deal? That is 22.5%.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Just the fact the you are essentially "Tad" shows the rest of us plenty. Both Love and Lawrence have more raw talent than Dak. As well as Tua, by the way.
Every scout in America will agree with me. They already did.
So did Wentz. The nfl is like the show me state though.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
The biggest reason we lost that game was our defense. We were down 7-0 before our offense ever saw the ball.
How many times are you going to say this? 7-0 is not a big deficit. It happens all the time in the league and in the playoffs. This doesn’t spin Dak in any positive way. It means Dak cannot get the team out of hole, nor go toe to toe with the other team if the defense is having a bad day. All the more reason he should not be paid a significant amount of the salary cap. GB was not a powerhouse on defense last year. Even when the team played SF in the playoffs the past two years prior to that, the Cowboys defense still kept points off the board and Dak was still unable to help the team score on 4/5 possessions in 2022.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Just the fact the you are essentially "Tad" shows the rest of us plenty. Both Love and Lawrence have more raw talent than Dak. As well as Tua, by the way.
Every scout in America will agree with me. They already did.
Raw talent is not results. Trance most likely has more raw talent. QB is an intellectual position first and foremost. See Tom Brady.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
How many times are you going to say this? 7-0 is not a big deficit. It happens all the time in the league and in the playoffs. This doesn’t spin Dak in any positive way. It means Dak cannot get the team out of hole, nor go toe to toe with the other team if the defense is having a bad day. All the more reason he should not be paid a significant amount of the salary cap. GB was not a powerhouse on defense last year. Even when the team played SF in the playoffs the past two years prior to that, the Cowboys defense still kept points off the board and Dak was still unable to help the team score on 4/5 possessions in 2022.
The Dak arguments are getting old and tiring. Find another topic.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If the defense is having a bad day? How about every time we play a good team.

Flamma

Reaction score
Dak has a huge advantage over Tua, Trevor, and Jordan. It’s an advantage that appeals to NFL franchise ownership groups. In 10 months, March 2025, Dak Prescott can be signed without compensation to the Cowboys. Tua, Trevor, and Jordan are not free agents. Comparing him to those three is a moot point.
What compensation needs to be given to Green Bay and Miami for Love and Tua? They are also on the last year of their contracts.

Flamma

Reaction score
You seem to not understand why those 2 INTs happened and who truly was responsible for them.

If I have to keep posting this video 100 times, so be it since some of you refuse to understand what happened, why it happened and who truly was responsible for it. It's lazy and easier just to blame it all on Dak.

I just watched the first one and I don't see how that's not Dak's fault. If the play fake slowed you down too much, don't throw it. That WR, Lamb I think, needed to be hit on his break, not 3 steps later. Quick 5 yard slants shouldn't be picked off by a S starting out 15 yards off the LOS.