The Jason Garrett you bad red headed coach thread

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
Jason sucks! He should be able to coach up @jobberone and put him in the game!

Who was that LB bloke that was in towards the end of the game? Tom Cruise? Look, Collinsworth called this team a M.A.S.H. unit but that was putting it kindly. The only difference between our roster and an episode of The Walking Dead is Melissa McBride, and she could probably start at 3 different positions for us right now.

Hardy and McClain are going to be huge for this team. Huge. We have Grego back too, I heard he's been wrapping his ankle in cannabis daily and it's healing up nicely. Dez is back Week 7.

Please, of you'd be so kind as to take my suggestion. Eat some ice cream, drink a little american honey, make a little love to the wife or GF or whatever you're into and chill. This was a weird game and we were in a weird situation.

Don't freak out just yet.

If we lose to the Giants, then hit the panic button. We will nit beat pats or the hawks, so we have at beat at least 1 of the Giants or eagles. Splitting the Eagles and Giants would put us at 3-5 and we'd still have a shot

burmafrd

Reaction score
Red Ball has never been a good game day coach- adequate really. And its games like this when we pay that price. Not calling the timeout when the player is clearly not going to make it to the sideline in time is such a complete failure on HIS part that nothing can be said.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
At no point, last season, did I attribute anything that happened to Jason Garrett.

well then you are foolish.
we are currently playing with half of a team.
what are you expecting here?
is it garrett's fault the defense was swiss cheese when it mattered most? his fault not one player could come up with an INT after it went through their hands?
what did he even do yesterday that was so egregious?

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Garrett sucked last year as well.

Just because the Oline can impose their will on people didn't mean he was a good coach.

Just because Romo and Dez are 2 of the best players in the league doesn't mean we've designed an offense that is the most efficient for using their talent.

how did Garrett "suck" last year?
seriously amazing. why do I respond to this utter stupidity?

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
We are missing so many players right now. We hung with a good Atlanta team and if the defense makes ONE play yesterday (how many INTs went thru someone's hands? how many missed tackles?) we win that game.

You cannot fault the coach when half the team is out. I've never been a big JG supporter but the hunt for a scapegoat going on right now is so dumb. We went 12-4 with a playoff win and another game we possibly should've won, and yet I'm told Garrett still "sucked" last year. Maybe you guys don't know nearly as much about football as you all think, but you all sound really pathetic.

Is it Garrett's fault we can't tackle? His fault we can't catch an INT to save our season? His fault our players are dropping like flies?

We'd be 3-1 or 4-0 if we were even remotely healthy. But Garrett needs to be fired. Oh, ok. You guys are brilliant.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
I would rather have Chip Kelly.

this is how i know the stupidity and hysteria is at an all-time high.
try and control your little pre-teen girl emotions. NFL football is hard when half your team is on the sideline.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Gotta love armchair coaches thinking they have all the answers. crack open another root beer and eat your fat butt another couple of wings, then call in the play gentleman. you got this!

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
Got beef with the Ginger, here is the thread to air it out in.

Please keep it within the guidelines

the only "real" issue I have with the coaching staff is, after the first play of OT (which was an obvious pick play) and our LB was injured, I think they should have called time out to make sure everyone was on the same page.

bkeavs

Reaction score
The defense getting exposed weekly shouldn't surprise us. The defense last years was masked buy a juggernaut rushing attack which kept the D off the field for the majority of the games

That being said. I admit I hate Garrett but I gave him the benefit of the doubt for last years surprising run. What I see is the same thing over and over from this team. Costly penalties, ineffective Defense, predictability, and a complete inability to be creative.

Throw a 5 wide look out there, trips right, bunch formation.

We line it up and run the same plays over and over again without mystery or deception because the logic is if each player executes each play against his defender than the team should win. This is a chess game not checkers.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
The staff did a great job last year, but I do not know if that was an abberation or the norm. The team has really been unprepared this year, even during the two wins. WAY too many stupid mental errors. That falls to the coaching staff.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
well then you are foolish.
we are currently playing with half of a team.
what are you expecting here?
is it garrett's fault the defense was swiss cheese when it mattered most? his fault not one player could come up with an INT after it went through their hands?
what did he even do yesterday that was so egregious?

Its ok to have that opinion and be wrong.

Exhibit A:

Shan Shariff @1053SS
Coach Garrett also told us he didn't think about going for 2 after TWill TD @1053thefan. #Cowboys

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Here is an honest opinion on JG with the starting premise that I wasn't a fan of his during the .500 stretches.

I think JG can be a good/adequate coach at times when he is surrounded by other coaching talent and really is in charge of being the organized guy that players like.

As a gameday coach I think he has always had issues and it's shown this year, even before the two main injuries. In the .500 years we always had trouble coming out prepared and Romo saved us late game many times. The Giants game this year was no different and the Giants being Chuckleheads and Romo saved us.

My problem right now, and I wrote this last night, is that the game plan shouldn't change...in fact I'd say it should be a little more aggressive. This isn't a 1-2 game bandaid until Romo gets back. In fact with 7 games and no Romo or Dez I think teams smell blood and expect conservative. Weeden has an arm, use it. I'd rather see them chuck it downfield or try some 25 yard posts/skinny posts and have an int then sit and hope to not make a mistake. You have nothing to lose with what has happened. I also think our WR route trees are horribly designed. They showed at least 3 slow mo replays of Weeden in trouble last night and the coverage on the WRs. Many of the times the Z WR and the Slot would just be running clear out or fly patterns down the field without even looking back...and they were in the same vicinity. I just see a huge lack of creativity. This leads me to believe even more that Romo/Dez run our offense and without them you realize how simplistic we are. I put that on JG and the coordinators. As a group they make for a pretty nice coaching group but JG alone has issues. I had the arrow pointing up on him last season with the group he had around him. Seems a little regression is happening.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Gutless game plan 2 weeks in a row..

Play not to lose and you lost twice.

what is the alternative? I want this, we should do that...provide the alternative.... play to win? how? with Weeden? how? stop *****ing because it makes you look like a PMSing little girl and provide some insight into the how....otherwise move on

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I thought JG was fine. I know -- it's a unpopular opinion.

Without QB1 and WR1 the goal it to keep in close in the 4th quarter and win 50% of the games.

It didn't work out this game.

Frankly, I thought the coaching staff thought they'd be able to hang their hat on what was supposed to be the #1 OL in the NFL in Romo's absence. The OL has been found wanting....

its tough, we are missing key pieces that limits the game plan. they tried to target Williams and he is just not Dez. street sucks and the only other real threat DUnbar got hurt. it didn't help that we lost Lee and Crawford got dinged. we are very undermanned in key spots, missing top 5 type players.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I thought JG was fine. I know -- it's a unpopular opinion.

Without QB1 and WR1 the goal it to keep in close in the 4th quarter and win 50% of the games.

It didn't work out this game.

Frankly, I thought the coaching staff thought they'd be able to hang their hat on what was supposed to be the #1 OL in the NFL in Romo's absence. The OL has been found wanting....

its tough, we are missing key pieces that limits the game plan. they tried to target Williams and he is just not Dez. street sucks and the only other real threat Dunbar got hurt. it didn't help that we lost Lee and Crawford got dinged. we are very undermanned in key spots, missing top 5 type players.

I knew weeden sucked, but just didn't realize how bad he sucked. he is very predictable with his play and I have to say I am very disappointed in OL.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'll make it easy for the mods.

If you criticize anything about the Cowboys you are a troll hater and should be banned.

unjustified or explained criticism is trolling. explain why you complain, criticize, back it up with facts and have a debate....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Terrible coaching all around from his preseason plan to protect the players from injury (which I believe has backfired) to his game planning. He is just way too predictable in everything he does. This team is done. We will not win another game with Weeden at QB.

with the unit we have, the group is limited, so your game plan is limited and predictable. weeden can't do what Romo does. not even close. Williams is a complimentary WR, not a #1 so you can't make him run routes and do things Dez does. we tried. he failed. injuries prior and during the game limits you. NFL is all about talent. and right now, we have been hit. we are thin in many critical spots.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It's hard to blame anyone when literally HALF of our team is injured. It's just comical at this point. 2-5 here we come.
missing people from NO or part of the game (specially second half when you win /lose games)

Romo
Dez
Hardy
Gregory
Dunbar
Butler
Lee
McClain
McClain

Crawford was dinged during the game. we ended up with 3 WRs, one of which is strictly slot receiver. Street sucks. really sucks. so down to one #2 receiver. tough to run an aggressive offense with that type of talent.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Here is a coaching issue: why was Dunbar playing on kick return? No excuse for that JG!

ok, he has been doing that for a while. if not dunbar then who? and you would make the same statement about them.

you either put players in position to play and make plays, or else you will be called "playing not to lose".