Will Cooper Rush be cut?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Don’t why this thread exists. It was obvious from the day we traded for Lance he would compete with Rush for the backup job in 2024. Even McCarthy and the Joneses have said it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Don’t why this thread exists. It was obvious from the day we traded for Lance he would compete with Rush for the backup job in 2024. Even McCarthy and the Joneses have said it.
That was the intent last year. They were obviously hoping he could become a possible replacement for Dak or at least give them some leverage in negotiations.

It failed miserably and not only did we lose a 4th and $5.3M dollars this year, we gave it to the Niners.

Hopefully Jerry can get a tax write off for the donation.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So Purdy ended the year late in the season with a much more serious injury than the one Trance had.
That’s how ill informed some fans are. Purdy was coming off elbow surgery but some fans are trying to convince themselves that Lance was traded because of injuries and that his play had nothing to do with it. :rolleyes: The best offer SF got for Lance was a 4th round pick.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That was the intent last year. They were obviously hoping he could become a possible replacement for Dak or at least give them some leverage in negotiations.

It failed miserably and not only did we lose a 4th and $5.3M dollars this year, we gave it to the Niners.

Hopefully Jerry can get a tax write off for the donation.
The intent last year was to work with Lance and get him ready to complete for the backup job in 2024 and also provide a backup plan in the event Dak isn’t extended. Lance didn’t arrive until August which was too late for him to play in preseason and compete with Rush. Nothing has failed until we see how he performs in training camp and if Dak is extended. If Dak is extended the trade then fails because the best Lance will ever be is the backup and he’ll move on when his deal is up.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For the same idiotic reasoning that they benched him when Dak came back from injury;
These Cowboys don't know much about real leadership.
It does make me wonder....if he had any room to develop.

I liked that he totally kept his cool...didnt hurt the defense. Theres value in that.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The intent last year was to work with Lance and get him ready to complete for the backup job in 2024 and also provide a backup plan in the event Dak isn’t extended. Lance didn’t arrive until August which was too late for him to play in preseason and compete with Rush. Nothing has failed until we see how he performs in training camp and if Dak is extended. If Dak is extended the trade then fails because the best Lance will ever be is the backup and he’ll move on when his deal is up.
Last year was a waste of time, that is why it was a completely stupid trade from day 1.

Once again, he will play just fine in preseason against rookies and undrafted free agents, which will prove absolutely nothing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Last year was a waste of time, that is why it was a completely stupid trade from day 1.

Once again, he will play just fine in preseason against rookies and undrafted free agents, which will prove absolutely nothing.
I wouldn’t have made the trade but the draft pick may have been used on a QB in this past draft. We need a QB other than Rush to fall back on if Dak isn’t extended and walks.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I wouldn’t have made the trade but the draft pick may have been used on a QB in this past draft. We have to have a QB other than Rush to fall back on if Dak walks.
The pick we wasted in the trade for Trance should have been our RB in this years draft.

• Round 4: 129th Overall - RB Isaac Guerendo, Louisville.

leeblair

Reaction score
Rush is better than Dak? :facepalm: If you honestly believe that why didn’t anyone pick him up last summer when he was released? Get real!
If you don't think teams have an understanding about certain players not to approach them, you're naive.
Look at Lamar Jackson; he got no offers from any other team before signing his huge contract.
While Rush is just a backup, I doubt there weren't teams who were interested but knew not to interfere.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If you don't think teams have an understanding about certain players not to approach them, you're naive.
Look at Lamar Jackson; he got no offers from any other team before signing his huge contract.
While Rush is just a backup, I doubt there weren't teams who were interested but knew not to interfere.
You’re one of the most naive fans I’ve ever seen. Lamar Jackson didn’t get offers from other teams because he was still under contract. :rolleyes: As for Cooper Rush he was released last summer and free to sign with anyone. No one was interested but us. Start doing some research before you post.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The Ravens placed the nonexclusive franchise tag on Jackson on March 7 -- five days after Jackson said he made his trade request -- which allowed him to negotiate with other teams. If Jackson signs an offer sheet, Baltimore would have five days to either match it or receive two first-round picks as compensation.Mar 27, 2023

Mikexike

Reaction score
The pick we wasted in the trade for Trance should have been our RB in this years draft.

• Round 4: 129th Overall - RB Isaac Guerendo, Louisville.
Why don't you just go be a 49er fan? You seem to love everything about them.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That’s ridiculous. It was not. Do better.
What draft day trade was worse than Trance. Please educate me?

AP) — The San Francisco 49ers made the kind of decision that could set a franchise back for years when they traded three first-round picks to draft Trey Lance third overall in 2021.Feb 2, 2024

Three number ones for a QB that could not win the back up QB position? This will be the reason the Niners do not win a SB.

leeblair

Reaction score
You’re one of the most naive fans I’ve ever seen. Lamar Jackson didn’t get offers from other teams because he was still under contract. :rolleyes: As for Cooper Rush he was released last summer and free to sign with anyone. No one was interested but us. Start doing some research before you post.
The Ravens gave Lamar Jackson clearance to look for another team, but he go no offers.
I do research- not intentionally- in just watching what goes on.
To think no other team was interested is wildly naive, but even if they were they know better than to cross certain unwritten boundaries.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Ravens gave Lamar Jackson clearance to look for another team, but he go no offers.
I do research- not intentionally- in just watching what goes on.
To think no other team was interested is wildly naive, but even if they were they know better than to cross certain unwritten boundaries.
He wasn’t given clearance until they gave him the non-exclusive franchise tag. He requested a trade prior to that. No one was interested trading for him once he was tagged because they would have not only had to make him the highest paid QB but also cough up 2 first round picks. I commented that no one was interested in Cooper Rush when he was released. How was Lamar Jackson’s situation similar to Cooper Rush? You made a comparison.