Euro 2012 Thread

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Unfortunately it looks like Italy is getting more chances - I think there are about to go up on England.

Ren

Reaction score
Germany will destroy who ever wins this game

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Never seen that guy Carrol -9 but I'm not impressed. And how many bad passes has England made today.

Ren

Reaction score
You'd think a team with Englands penalty shootout history would do everything to avoid that, but they look more content then the Italians with 0-0

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Ren;4602757 said:
You'd think a team with Englands penalty shootout history would do everything to avoid that, but they look more content then the Italians with 0-0
Yeah, I agree but maybe they figure their luck has got to change sooner or later, lol

England just looks terrible.

Ren

Reaction score
The way Italy is wasting chances you almost have to give a slight edge to England in a shootout, they're not wasting chances cause they're not even trying

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
nyc-cowboy;4602756 said:
Never seen that guy Carrol -9 but I'm not impressed. And how many bad passes has England made today.

He plays for Liverpool. Actually he's a pretty good player.

He's only 23.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
As much as I hate to say it - Italy deserves to win, but as we all know the best team doesn't always win.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4602769 said:
He plays for Liverpool. Actually he's a pretty good player.

He's only 23.

Maybe at the club level but from I've seen today - not impressed.

Ren

Reaction score
England got what they deserved for playing for penalties

RastaRocket

Reaction score
nyc-cowboy;4602773 said:

For sure, that goes for their entire team though.

Italians are going down Thursday.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Sorry but England deserve to lose - no wonder the English weren't talking ****, their "stars" are getting old and I don't see too many young guys coming up.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4602780 said:
For sure, that goes for their entire team though.

Italians are going down Thursday.

I sure hope so. Gotta say tho those are my least favorite teams Italy-Germany and England.

joseephuss

Reaction score
nyc-cowboy;4602773 said:

This past season many Liverpool supporters were not impressed with Carroll.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
nyc-cowboy;4602756 said:

They couldn't keep possession. It was awful.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
England played scared and it was often ugly.
They are fortunate to be out because their spacing was atrocious.
They were fortune to play a team with zero creativity in the 18 aside from the wild child.

Spain would have crucified them.

Carroll is a good player. Yesterday he was about England's best non-defender. He is big and physical, winning many headers. England needed to get crosses in form the Ashley's and never could. I am not a Scouser fan buy Carroll is a beast.

Rooney is heinously overrated. No pace, no creativity, no accuracy... just terrible. His miss on the gimme header was the game.

England terribly needs to develop some midfielders. They are the anti-Spain at this point. They can't take anything up the middle because they can't dribble or pass the friggin ball. They had more passes from the Keeper to Carroll than they did between midfielders. Just awful mid-field play.

Italy looked really lazy at times. More skilled but lacking urgency. Germany will shred them IMHO.

Spain v Germany as just about everyone thought it seems. At least everyone after the first Netherlands game.

I am going to root for Portugal but I like all the remaining teams when they play their own styles. Portugal has the best chance of beating Spain IMHO.
Tho I believe Germany would easily handle Portugal...match ups.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
jterrell;4603253 said:
Rooney is heinously overrated. No pace, no creativity, no accuracy... just terrible. His miss on the gimme header was the game.

I have always thought the same thing. Rooney has flashes of great play but I have never thought he was the superstar they make him out to be. I feel like he just takes a ton of shots.

MC KAos

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4603314 said:
I have always thought the same thing. Rooney has flashes of great play but I have never thought he was the superstar they make him out to be. I feel like he just takes a ton of shots, mostly inaccurate.

if he was italian or anything else but english i dont think he would get the kind of attention he gets. he just isnt as good as the english try to make him out to be, they try to put him on the same level as ronaldo and messi, but he is about 2 levels below those guys

RastaRocket

Reaction score
MC KAos;4603322 said:
if he was italian or anything else but english i dont think he would get the kind of attention he gets. he just isnt as good as the english try to make him out to be, they try to put him on the same level as ronaldo and messi, but he is about 2 levels below those guys

Exactly.