Thinking about an Ipad... need some info

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
nyc;3829300 said:
Android already does. :)
No Android phone even comes close to the iPhone.

When do you expect that to change? In the next 5 years?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
theogt;3829295 said:
Sure it will. When do you expect another phone to outsell the iPhone? 2011? 2012? 2015?

What you are missing is the obvious. When you go buy a pair of pants, do you ONLY go to Macy's to buy those 1 pair of pants they only sell or do you go check out Men's Warehouse where they sell not only a billion of those pants but they sell them in mass quantity of sizes?

Personally I love an OS which gives me a gob of diff device choices it runs on. I think thats a great idea to be honest. One might even think one would make more money serving multiple platforms w/ ones open OS.

Just saying the selection of Android phones to iPhones is pretty awesome.

The HTC phones by FAR are some of the best phones on the market. The new Nexus phone will also be a huge plus for Google once it's launched.

Motorola isn't playing around anymore w/ it's Android phones. They are bringing the kitchen sink while coming to play in the Android picture.

Call me silly..but I love choices and I love the Android OS and the vast customizations I can do at the flip of a ROMmanager. :starspin

You are FLAT OUT in denial if you think for 1 second it's GOOD BUSINESS to lock your technology down so much as Apple has done. The iOS does absolutely NOTHING better than the Android OS does. Let's stick that lil iPhone 4 up against my Dell Streak as far as processing power and even memory?

I got 16 applications running atm w/ 44% CPU used and 254 MB of memory used. That is TRUE MT people, let's not kid ourselves.

I could care less about music applications. When is the last time theo spun some 50 cent Self Destruct?

I SAY NEVER

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt;3829305 said:
No Android phone even comes close to the iPhone.

When do you expect that to change? In the next 5 years?

iPhone sold 16.2 million phones last quarter, Android sold 33 million. Thats better than 2 to 1 ratio buddy.

You lose.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
nyc;3829329 said:
iPhone sold 16.2 million phones last quarter, Android sold 33 million. Thats better than 2 to 1 ratio buddy.

You lose.
Android isn't a phone. When will an Android phone, or any other phone, outsell the iPhone? Next year? The year after?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt;3829346 said:
Android isn't a phone. When will an Android phone outsell the iPhone?

Dude, just face the fact. The iPhone isn't the most popular phone type.

Are you going to say Blackberry comes in 50 flavors too even though they are all made by RIM? What about Sidekicks? They were made by Danger though the new Sidekick will have Android on it! (haha Microsoft putting Linux on a smartphone!!!)

The OS is 90% of what makes the phone.

You've lost the argument, move on.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
theogt;3829346 said:
Android isn't a phone. When will an Android phone, or any other phone, outsell the iPhone? Next year? The year after?

Of course people choose phones based on the operating system.

Game, set, match.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
nyc;3829347 said:
Dude, just face the fact. The iPhone isn't the most popular phone type.

Are you going to say Blackberry comes in 50 flavors too even though they are all made by RIM? What about Sidekicks? They were made by Danger though the new Sidekick will have Android on it! (haha Microsoft putting Linux on a smartphone!!!)

The OS is 90% of what makes the phone.

You've lost the argument, move on.
Can you tell me how the sales figures included non-iPhone numbers again? I like it when you make things up and get called on it.

The iPhone is the most popular phone in the history of phones and you think it's a niche product. Yeah, I'm the one that needs to "move on." LOL.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt;3829360 said:
Are you trying to be this dense or does it just come naturally?

Before he answers, which said of your mouth did that comment come from? :laugh2:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If a couple of you would actually stop, look, read and digest what the other said, you might avoid SOME of the arguing points you continue to make at each other.

Seriously.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
nyc;3829369 said:
Before he answers, which said of your mouth did that comment come from? :laugh2:
Sorry, but you're confused. I've kept the same argument consistent throughout. You do not compare operating system to operating system. Apple doesn't give out their operating system for free to other phone companies, who can in turn give out phones for free.

Apple couldn't care less if Android phones as a whole sell more than iPhone.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt;3829375 said:
Sorry, but you're confused. I've kept the same argument consistent throughout. You do not compare operating system to operating system. Apple doesn't give out their operating system for free to other phone companies, who can in turn give out phones for free.

Apple couldn't care less if Android phones as a whole sell more than iPhone.

Lets install the RAZOR's OS on your iPhone and see how you like it then. :lmao2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3829371 said:
If a couple of you would actually stop, look, read and digest what the other said, you might avoid SOME of the arguing points you continue to make at each other.

Seriously.
Quoted for truth.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;3829377 said:
Quoted for truth.

You are included in that with your Niche argument you keep bringing up with NYC.

Just saying for truth. :)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
nyc;3829376 said:
Lets install the RAZOR's OS on your iPhone and see how you like it then. :lmao2:
Then it wouldn't be an iPhone. It would be something else.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3829378 said:
You are included in that with your Niche argument you keep bringing up with NYC.

Not really, no. Unless you've failed to follow the conversation properly yourself.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3829378 said:

Grrrr

I was TYPING this very thing. Then you posted it.

STOP STEALING MY POST COUNT PAINT !! :mad:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
theogt;3829380 said:
Not really, no. Unless you've failed to follow the conversation properly yourself.

:laugh2: :laugh2: I love the complete switch of horses you do in EVERY SINGLE debate you involve yourself in.

I won't argue this point but I think a few others here know....whatimsayin?

huh?

Huuhhhhh? :laugh1: <------- 1 Eye Giggler

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3829371 said:

Seriously.

I'm well aware of what he is saying and I've noted it several times. He is trying to use the fact that Apple makes basically one version of their phone as a point of argument that it is the best selling phone. The problem with that argument is, that the iPhone just like Android is defined by it's operation. The operation of the phone is 90% the OS, not the hardware itself. The hardware itself gives you a camera, a high res display. Something that ANY phone can give you.

The only reason he uses this is because he thinks that it makes the iPhone better than Android. Problem is, I believe the best selling mobile phone in history was the Nokia 1100. I believe they cranked out 250 million of them. Another 150 million of the Nokia 3210, and the Motorola RAZR V3 sold 130 million and then there is the Nokia 3310/3330 that sold 126 million.